This program will update participants on the creation of fetal cardiology programs, the detection of fetal heart disease, and fetal cardiac screening techniques. Conference participants will explore a variety of fetal cardiac ultrasound issues. Experts will discuss general fetal diagnosis and ultrasound strategies. CHC continually strives to improve prenatal detection of complex congenital heart disease to improve patient outcomes.
At the conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the organization of a successful fetal cardiology program in Southern Nevada
- Explain the role of a medical sonographer in a fetal cardiology program
- Discuss the detection of fetal heart disease through ultrasound
- Discuss the 5 sonographic transverse planes and Situs
- Explain a 4-Chamber View and a 3-Vessel and Trachea View
- Explain how a systematic evaluation may improve the detection of fetal heart disease
- Discuss the family needs surrounding a CHD Diagnosis
Echocardiography technicians, imaging specialists, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through Children’s Heart Center Nevada. The Children’s Heart Center Nevada is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Children’s Heart Center – Nevada designates this educational activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the educational activity.
We are unable to offer credits for ASRT at this time.
None of the planners, faculty, nor speakers have any relevant financial relationships to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.